Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Character Chat #4 - Robin

 I haven't done many for these, but this sprang to my mind just now. This is a Character Chat, a meme hosted by Beth Ann Masarik. In this, Robin from my fantasy story (still untitled) get a little shock when I wasn't in a good mood.


I had been crying for hours, and now, I had a headache. It was late, and I should probably go to bed, but not yet. I don't know what I was waiting for, or if I was waiting for anything. But I couldn't go to bed, not yet.
I rubbed the awful sleep from my eyes, stared again at the screen in front of me. It was the only thing that gave off light in my small room. Then I heard it, it wasn't what I was waiting for, but at least, it was something.
His voice rang clear, gentle as it always was. "Ah, come now, Clorisa, all cannot be that bad."
I turned and saw him. He lay as if on his belly but in midair, and at my eye level. His hands cupped the chin of his elf like face; his reed pipe dangled about his neck. His face lit by computer light, and enhanced by his own enchanted smile. His woodland green eyes danced with merriment. He was Robin Goodfellow; he was also one of the last person I wanted to see right now. His good mood would clash with my moody one.
"Ugh! Leave me alone."
He frowned. "I thought you wanted someone to talk to?"
"I'd rather you were Puck."
His whole body tensed up, and he froze for a moment. Of course, I knew why. The mere mentioned of Puck's name would make very person fight poor Robin from the inside. If I said it again, it would only get worse.
Finally, Robin was loose again. "You enjoy causing me pain?"
I gave a half smile. "Well, at the moment, yes, I find it rather amusing."
He frowned again. "Where is that clever, kind girl that I know so well? What have you done with her?"
"She's dead." I said harshly. "Go drag the river, maybe you'll find her." I turned away, but he put his face between me and my screen. He studied my face then frowned yet again.
"What's wrong?" he asked.
"If I wanted to tell you, I would. Now get!" I shewed him away.
"Fine," he said crossly. "You know where to find me." In a flash, he was gone.
I sighed, and turned back to my computer again. I rubbed my eyes; I was very tired, and this was getting me no where. So I shut my laptop, and crawled into bed. Hopefully, tomorrow would be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment